Which fibreboard for my chalet bungalow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I looking to attach fibreboard to the external walls of my brick faced chalet bungalow. Unfortunately they have been painted over and on one particular wall that faces the weather the paint peels in sections( apparently a Zinsser primer should have been applied first ). Fed up with looking at it I thought cladding might improve the aesthetics, keep the rain out and maybe even add a little extra insulation. With several alternatives, i just wonder which product you guys would recommend. I have spoken to a few carpenters and Marley Weatherboards seems to be the preferred option whilst J Hardie comes down the list with Cedral and Cladco in between. Hardie boards seems the cheapest but even a Trustpilot gave them two negs and no positives .Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would suggest that you select the product that gives the appearance you like more than anything. Then the usual costs, availability, practicality etc come into play.

Any of the leading brand's products should be fine. If warranty is important, look for that.

Also ensure the product, and fitting conforms to fire safety regulations - especially fire spread within the voids or cavity created.

Cladding, especially changing appearance of the property, would normally require planning permission. Also, may require building regulation consent as there may be an opportunity to insulate at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back