Which filler should I use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best filler for patching up imperfections in plaster in a new build?

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
Depends on what "best" means for you. I use easyfill. I bought a bag of it 20 years ago and still have lots of it. For cracks caused by movement in joints, I use hybride polymer sealant.

Depends on what "best" means for you. I use easyfill. I bought a bag of it 20 years ago and still have lots of it. For cracks caused by movement in joints, I use hybride polymer sealant.
Which hybrid polymer sealant do you use for cracks?

You can use any. My first experience is with everbuild and sticking with it. EB25 is approved for food prep areas. Hybriflex 480 comes in larger size and cheaper and I used it for windows, floors, and other miscellaneous filling/sealing. Hybrid has much smaller shrinkage than caulk and silicone, and wouldn't rip itself apart like the other 2.

You can use any. My first experience is with everbuild and sticking with it. EB25 is approved for food prep areas. Hybriflex 480 comes in larger size and cheaper and I used it for windows, floors, and other miscellaneous filling/sealing. Hybrid has much smaller shrinkage than caulk and silicone, and wouldn't rip itself apart like the other 2.
Do you recommend applying sealant between laminate flooring and skirting boards?

Here's a 2 year old hybriflex 480 bead. It hasn't failed.

hydrid-bead.png

For cracks caused by movement in joints, I use hybride polymer sealant.
Got any pics? How does it look post decoration?

I've repaired a few cracks (old house, lathe and plaster) and have dug out a channel deep enough to embed some joining tape, and filled on top. Not had a problem with this method.

Have tried before just digging out the crack and filling, but the hairline crack would return, so use the paper method.

The idea of whacking in sealant sounds easier but is it an invisible repair?

Always keen to learn...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back