Which fixing??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, not sure which section this belongs in but I thought someone here might have an idea . . .

I need to fit some speakers into the ceiling corners of my shop. I have already bought some cheapos from ebay that are identical to these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x-100-010-10...iFiSpeakers&hash=item5641285d7d#ht_1031wt_778

they have a bracket that allows the speaker to swivel in one direction - so if i mount them vertically I will be able to 'point' them toward the shop floor.

the problem? well, I'd like to put them into the corners, but once the brackets are fixed there would be no way of doing up the bolts that hold speakers into brackets! a bit of a design flaw methinks.

the only idea I've had is to use small coach screws into the rawl plugs with the speaker already mounted in bracket - there would be space for a small ratchet I think. . . . .

anyone got any other ideas?

thanks!

Huey

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Hi all, not sure which section this belongs in but I thought someone here might have an idea . . .

I need to fit some speakers into the ceiling corners of my shop. I have already bought some cheapos from ebay that are identical to these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x-100-010-10...iFiSpeakers&hash=item5641285d7d#ht_1031wt_778

they have a bracket that allows the speaker to swivel in one direction - so if i mount them vertically I will be able to 'point' them toward the shop floor.

the problem? well, I'd like to put them into the corners, but once the brackets are fixed there would be no way of doing up the bolts that hold speakers into brackets! a bit of a design flaw methinks.

the only idea I've had is to use small coach screws into the rawl plugs with the speaker already mounted in bracket - there would be space for a small ratchet I think. . . . .

thanks!

Huey

so you bought the wrong brackets or the fixings...

so try buying what you actually need...

it is so simple...

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
er, no. but I have done a bad job of explaining myself . . . .

the brackets came with the speakers - they enable the speakers to tilt. there would not be an issue if I was not trying to position them in corners. the problem is that IF I fix the supplied brackets into a cornerm then I can't then access the fixings that hold the speakers into the brackets.

make sence?

Sponsored Links

thanks!

Huey

so you bought the wrong brackets or the fixings...

so try buying what you actually need...

it is so simple...

the flyingpig

dont worry about gayrants reply,am sure some one else with a bit more knowledge will be along to help you mate.
think he has the painters in ... :LOL: :LOL:
best off

Brackets for speakers :eek: You want a pair of floor standing Tannoy Canterbury`s - a garrard 301 deck and a pair of Leak TL 12 amps ( one per channel) Check out what £ that`ll cost you on Ebay :mrgreen: Seriously though - for a shop -invest in a Bose wave system :idea: I went in a shop once and was well impressed @ the room filling capabilities of what turned out to be a CD player on the counter ;)

would love too, and MAYBE in the future will . . . for now though, these'll have to do - and fixings wise, and going to use small rawl bolts . . .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back