Which flooring to choose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I live in an "upside down house". I need to replace the flooring in the kitchen upstairs, we did have carpet but with a dog things get dirty quickly. My main concern of solid flooring is the noise of people clumping around as I lie downstairs in bed with a minging hangover... Any suggestions of what type of flooring? And what is the most effective sound proofing - will I cope?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Have you thought about cork flooring (and no, cork flooring doesn't have to be boring brown any more)
Nowadays not only as stick-on tiles, but also as 'floorboards' you can install the same way as wood flooring. Cork is thermo and acoustic insulating.

Thanks for that - cork hadn't even crossed my mind! Is there any that stand up better to a dog? Is it easy to replace odd tiles later on?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Wicanders corkboards come with Extreme WRT (Wear Resistance Technology)
What kind of dog do you have: puppy poodle or huge Labrador ;)

Just a mad springer! :D Not too heavy, and fairly calm but does like to blast around the place on the odd occasion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back