Which glue to use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The ongoing saga of my garage conversion...

I now have the Kingspan insulation and chipboard to lay on the floor. Carpet tiles will go on top of chipboard to finish the job.

A couple of questions if I may.

1. Should I stick the floorboards to the insulation, and should I stick the floor tiles to the insulation? If so, what would you recommend I use for this purpose?
2. The floorboards are 'moisture resistant'. Do I need any additional protection (being laid on a concrete floor). I have some PVC membrane which I used on the soleplate of the stud walls. Shall I lay this across all of the concrete?
3. When laying the insulation, should I butt it against the wall with anything? Conscious of getting a nice tight fit.

Thanks a lot

Robert

Sponsored Links
emailrob said:
Should I stick the floorboards to the insulation

Best not to, as you might have air suction/vacuum problem.It is the same as laminated floating flooring.

Should I stick the floor tiles to the insulation?

I think you mean carpet tiles to the chipboard ? if so,no need.

The floorboards are 'moisture resistant'. Do I need any additional protection (being laid on a concrete floor). I have some PVC membrane which I used on the soleplate of the stud walls. Shall I lay this across all of the concrete?

Yes, use PVC membrane and up to the side pass the dpc level if any then skirting board to cover it up.

When laying the insulation, should I butt it against the wall with anything? Conscious of getting a nice tight fit.

Not sure what you mean about this one.

When you put your T&G chipboard on don't forget to glued the joints

thanks mate.

Re the chipboard, I was just conscious of the boards having movement once they are on the floor. As you mention, as long as they are gluded (I assume normal wood glue is sufficient) I should be fine

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back