which is the best combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, my friend has a conventional boiler for the ch and a instantanious water heater for hw, he wants to change to a combi what is the most reliable, he wants to spend around £600 vat inc
thanks

Sponsored Links
In my books the most reliable boiler happens to be 1) Vaillant T3, VCW 242 or 282 or the Vokera Flowmatic or Turbo. But these boilers are 10 years old or more.

Once your friend buys a boiler, who is going to fit this, and what about complying with Benchmark logbook requiements?

thanks for the reply' s so quickly,i have just become corgi registered so i am going to do it for him

Sponsored Links
In that case do him a favour and persuade him to have a conventional oil boiler. You will see by searching the forum these have the lowest number of problems and are therefore THE most reliable, whereas gas combi systems have the largest number of problems. I know there's more gas boilers than oil, but not so many as to skew the figures this much. :LOL:

thanks oilman ill have a look in to oil boilers as another option

Don't forget the tank, that'll say goodbye to £600 installed, on it's own. :LOL:

it will be his money not mine so i'll leave the final decision to him

oilman , what kind of price would a corgi installer charge for fitting a combi boiler

i am an electrician, but mrs breezer tells me we paid £1500 to have our combi put in:

Which included

Supply and fit boiler (potterton puma 100e)

supply & fit gas supply to said boiler
(boiler is upstairs, gas meter is downstairs)

supply & fit TRV's where required (one rad had one already, and bathroom doesn't have one at all, as its not supposed to)

Supply and fit (in most ridiculess fashion) room stat

Supply and fit programmer

Remove all non required pipework (from origonal back boiler)

Get frustrated with large tank in loft and leave it there

Drink tea

fill & test system

Take 2 days to do it

If you want a price guide, i would say cost of all parts + £200/day labour, but as its your mate £250/day labour :LOL: as he will be giving you grief when it goes wrong.

Although you are doing it for a friend, i would suggest you get it in writting that it is his choice of boiler and your costs too, saves any arguments (trust me it happens)

thanks breezer i will charge him 250 :LOL: . a quick question for you my fuse switch keeps tripping out when all the appliances are on in the kitchen e.g dishwasher,dryer.kettle,washer is this a problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back