Which Jablite thickness?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are going to convert our garage into a lounge and I can't work out what thickness of Jabfloor 70 we need underneath the chipboard. I planned on going for 100mm, but is this overkill?

I tried looking at the P/A chart on the Jablite site, but it doesn't seem to make any sense to me. The room is roughly 15 feet by 15 feet.

The garage is dry, with a concrete floor and plenty of height. We currently step down into it and would like to keep the ceiling as high as possible.

Am I right in thinking that I need the Jabfloor to fit snugly against the walls, but leave a 10mm gap around the edge of the chipboard?

Should I use a DPM below the Jabfloor even though there isn't any damp in the garage?

Also, is there any reason I couldn't put a layer of 50mm on top of another layer of 50mm, laid in the opposite direction?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
kingspan do an insulated floor deck that requires no dpm.

it is a laminate of insulation bonded to chipboard. it is called thermafloor.

it is available in varying thicknesses and can be laid as a 'floating' floor, direct to existing concrete.

the only stumbling block is whether or not your garage floor slopes towards the garage door, as many garage floors do.

kingspan do an insulated floor deck that requires no dpm.
Interesting. Here is a link if anyone is interested:
http://www.noisestopsystems.co.uk/products/kingspan/therma/thermafloor_tf73/index.asp

It is called Thermafloor TF73

Do you know if this is more expensive than using the separate parts? I can't find a single price on the web without requesting a quote.

the only stumbling block is whether or not your garage floor slopes towards the garage door, as many garage floors do.
I got the spirit level out, and there might be a tiny gradient. Is that something to worry about? I could use some floor levelling stuff, but I have never tried it before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back