which lamiate flooring for bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.
Sorry for a question you probably have previously had but here goes.
My daughter has a very small bathroom and as she is about to sell, i want to lay a laminate floor that will be ok for occasional splashes .
I checked B&Q website but reviews were poor on what they have so i thought i would get experts advice.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Generally Laminate flooring is not suitable for bathroom applications, it does'nt like humidity (spillages are'nt necersarily the main worry) you would be much better off looking at a wood effect sheet vinyl, it will be cheaper to buy, fit and easier to install in such an area too. Laminate will need expansion gaps etc round pedestals for example and are a pain and rarely look very good where as the vinyl can be fitted flush to all areas.

I did put it through my bathroom and did last about 7 yrs before i got tired.
This was a case of the joint swelling and spoiling.
I went under everything when i laid it with the exception of the toilet.
I used the B&q one but not sure now as it was 8 yrs ago Vinyl would be a better option

Sponsored Links
I hate to say this but a quick google, shows plenty of suppliers of laminate designed for the bathroom.
Also there are large DIY stores that also sell laminate designed for the bathroom, I would suggest using the joint seal as well, as this will stop moisture getting between the joints of the laminate, and causing the edges to blow.
You should remove the toilet pan and sink pedestal, laminate the whole floor, remembering to leave expansion gaps.
But laying a nice wood effect vinyl could be your better option, especially if your selling on, or if you have floorboards maybe look into having them sanded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back