Which LED bulbs to replace 40W E14 fitting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Please can someone spec me some reasonably priced LED bulb replacements with good light output? I'm a bit unsure when it comes to buying LED replacements, which ones are good and which ones will provide a good output.

I'm after something maybe available in cool white and warm white, I'm undecided on which at the moment.

They are to replace 40W bulbs that are in a ceiling fan light. I haven't actually received the light yet, and it won't have any bulbs even when it does arrive, but I think they look like golf ball style ones to me?

Thanks! :D

EDIT: Are these any good?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lumilife-4-...id=1408119396&sr=1-19&keywords=cool+white+40w

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The ones I got from Amazon are sold by LED Hut, they have the same ones on their site so we'll see what they're like when they arrive :)

I've been very impressed with the Lumilife ones. Reasonable price and you can't tell the warm white ones from a halogen. The dimmable ones also have a good dimming range, unlike some others.

I've been very impressed with the Lumilife ones. Reasonable price and you can't tell the warm white ones from a halogen. The dimmable ones also have a good dimming range, unlike some others.

That's good

I went for cool white in the end as I wanted that kind of look, hopefully they're nice haha

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back