Which lpg boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm renovating a holiday home on a tight budget, and have been told that to vent the existing boiler (20 yrs old ) through the new roof to meet regulations will cost me £300+ I dont want to spend so much on a boiler with such a limited lifespan so can anyone recommend a value for money 23kw lpg boiler for heating only, with a horizontal flue?
Thanks !
James

Sponsored Links
Most boilers can be fitted with an lpg conversion kit, so find your cheapest boiler and enquire from the manufacturers about lpg conversion kit.

Band B boilers it's a matter of a number of new jets and altering min/max operating pressure.

Band A boilers vary, some only require adjustment of gas valve and a few presets on pcb.

In both cases a flue gas analyser is helpful but in band A boilers essential.

You asked about cheap though so you would be looking at band B, and for that a 36" u guage and a small adjustable spanner would be sufficient tools.

Sponsored Links
A Ravenheat CSI primary should do the job and they are readily available in LPG flavour and cheap as chips. They are band A as well!
Dont know what the parts availability is in France though so you may have to buy something over there that is common in your area.
BTW French boilers are crÁp

Many thanks for the infp on the Band A/B differences and the ravenheat suggestion I'm trawling Ebay in the hope of finding something affordable second hand,,,
The reason I dont want a French Boiler is the Price! - They seem to be at least 50% dearer than in the UK. I put it down to the fact that you can get a tax credit for buying an efficient Boiler, so they load the front end price!

Unless you have a 10 bed chateau then you dont need a 23 kW boiler!

If its a 2-3 bed chaumier then 10-12 kW will be adequate.

A Worcester 12 Ri is a highly efficient condensing boiler about £600 avec tous les taxes comprise.

Dans lequel departement habitez vous?

Bon chance!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back