-Wolf GG EK 24 on LPG

Reaction score
Country
France
A friend has just returned to his home after some weeks away and his 8 yr old boiler would not restart - no sign of life.

His previous LPG plumber retired 12 months ago so he had to find someone else from 30 miles away - a rare breed !

After a very thorough examination ( I'm told ) the new guy says the "control-box ' is u/s and it will cost pnds 900 just to buy that and then after some talk about new models, condensing etc, gives him a quote for an LPG Frisquet 25-30 kW Hydromotrix for pnds 5,000.

I'm sure the Wolf is little known in the UK but from reading German forums, I believe this is a high-quality brand and so I am surprised at it being "beyond economical repair" at 8 yrs - has previously been fault-free.

The other thing is the idea of replacing the entire control-box - this seems to be one or two steps replacing just a PCB.

I'd be grateful for any comments, but particularly if there is any reason why the entire box has to be renewed and if it isn't possible to repair/replace to a lower-level than that .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back