Which magnetite cleaner for system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Want to get one fitted buy thought I'd check which is best to go for. I've seen magnaclean, fernox tf1, and spirotec magnabooster

Also I am unable to fit on return pipe to boiler due to pope work and location (back boiler), and other option is on the flow before the pump

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you go for the Magnabooster (Spirotec) Which on your system would be highly recomended as you dont need to disturb anything to empty it, make sure you buy the MB3 with removable magnet. The MB2 with magnet built in will not let go of the dirt on an open system as theres not much pressur ebehind it to flow the dirt out.

If you go for the Magnabooster (Spirotec) Which on your system would be highly recomended as you dont need to disturb anything to empty it, make sure you buy the MB3 with removable magnet. The MB2 with magnet built in will not let go of the dirt on an open system as theres not much pressur ebehind it to flow the dirt out.
Thanks

Just need to check there is enough space before pump to install

Not much space as its above the stair slope, and typical the pipe i need to connect to is at the back, but may be doable by adding some elbows the bringing the pipework forward, although access is limited

Have also been recommended the trappex centramag

Sponsored Links

Would be worth fitting an isolator valve both sides of the Spirotec anyway. That way you can flush it nice and clean by closing one valve and opening the other - with the water draining out the base of the Spirotec.

BTW - I've got a Fernox TF1 and very happy with it. Some say it can leak, but so far so good for me.

Ended up buying the trappex online. Should be delivered in a few days and I'll try fitting it saturday.

Not looking forward to working in that tight space

Would be worth fitting an isolator valve both sides of the Spirotec anyway. That way you can flush it nice and clean by closing one valve and opening the other - with the water draining out the base of the Spirotec.
Immaterial now as the OP has made his choice but not sure I follow your reasoning regarding isolators with the Spirotech. The whole principle of the Spirotech is to allow the pressure of the water to flush out the debris in the filter through the base outlet. Isolators would play no useful part in that.

Immaterial now as the OP has made his choice but not sure I follow your reasoning regarding isolators with the Spirotech. The whole principle of the Spirotech is to allow the pressure of the water to flush out the debris in the filter through the base outlet. Isolators would play no useful part in that.

Yes. That's true. Not needed, but I just like isolators. With my unit I close both isolators, open the base of the unit, then open and close each isolator in turn for a moment. That way the water flow comes from each direction in turn so is more likely to clean out any gunk caught around the spindle of the unit. Well in my mind anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back