Which mask?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For about 2 years I've been using a dustmask I bought at Screwfix, along with replacement filters from Screwfix and my local yard. Recently I've found both have stopped selling the filters and the only place that does them online is frankly rubbish.

So, any recommendations for a dust mask? I'm looking at the Draeger half mask set (£25 at Screwfix, replacement filters about £12 a pop), has anyone used this? The filters look a bit thin to me, not sure if that means they will clog up too quickly. :confused: I'll be doing a bit of plaster-chopping, a bit of concrete angle-grinding and a bit of wood routing. So quite fine dust.

I'm almost tempted by a "full face" jobby as I am usually stubbly-faced, might be a bit extreme for DIY usage though :LOL:

Sponsored Links
MISC-S10-RESP.jpg

Sponsored Links
GimpSuit.jpg

Too far? :LOL:

Thanks for the link, I think I'll be putting in an order for a full-face job. No more steaming up my goggles every 5 seconds!!! :D

Have a look at the SundstromSR 100 half mask. If it's for everyday dust the P3 Particulate Filter 210/310.
Prefilters can enhance the life of the P3.
Additional filters for gases eg ABEK1 Organic and non organic, Ammonia gas filter 297, clip between the P3 and the mask

Getting one fit tested is advised
Then there is box Sundstrom BOX230 available to keep it in good condition

I use a sundstrom with P3 filters, its a medium to large but still a touch to small for my head so if i bend or move around it loses its seal, i had this face fitted and a phantom full face jobbie but neither would seal around my chops :D ,maybe something to do with my goatie ;) ,

If your doing anything with fine dust especially asbestos then its best to get it face fitted, luckily for me i failed the face fit and never touched asbestos :D

If your doing anything with fine dust especially asbestos then its best to get it face fitted, luckily for me i failed the face fit and never touched asbestos :D

Chuzzah! SCORE!
I'd to go on this course a few yeasrs ago ...Safety Passport (though I've got NEBOSH). The instructor said I'd have to cut my beard if I required a mask. Oh dearie me, nooo.
Why on earth would I want to be in a position where I had to wear a mask?
Steer well clear , get a numpty to do that sort of thing.

Ha ha me too, i was told to shave my goatie off, told the instructor i wasnt prepared to so he failed me, what a shame ;) , let the albainians do dirty stuff :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back