Which method to lay floor ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to lay 50mtrs of solid wood floor at home as quick as pos (no 3 baby due soon :( )
My options are glue to floor or float.

Opinions please :)

Sponsored Links
More info, please ;)

measurements of floorboards, type of underfloor

lounge 6.6m x 3.3m din room and hall make up rest, its the lounge which i need to do first.
Lounge floor is mostly over timber floor which is in v good condition but last 2mtrs one end are screeded which i have latexed level (ish).
Din room and hall all screed.
Floor to lay is 18mm thick solid oak pre finished, t & g in lengths between 300 to 600mm.
I have already got some floor underlay in panel form but not hell bent on using it.

Cheers

Definitely glue down in rooms with screed/concrete. In lounge you can secret nail or install plywood first and then glue floorboards down

Sponsored Links
Thanks

Few more questions :rolleyes:

Can I glue to floorboards with the same glue as screed?
Also can I apply floor without dpm over screed, there are no signs of damp!
And lastly can i use an of the shelve adhesive?

Use a flexible adhesive (like Mapei P990) on screed and on plywood (nailed or screwed onto floorboards)
No need for DPM if you are certain there is no moist problem.

Not sure if the DIY sheds sell the proper quality adhesive, just stay away from anything that mentions bitumen

Before I read your reply I bought bona s760, not flexible! but told it was good???

Offered flexible but was twice the price.
I know you get what you pay for but this stuff cost 60 plus the dreaded for 25kilo pot (yes ive probably had my pants pulled down).

Please tell me its ok for the job (ok is good enough for me) :D :D :D

Thanks again

You're al right ;) Does fit the bill because your boards are rather short.

Did you buy a proper notched trowel too?

Diamond geezer ;)
They supplied a metal trowel with the pot which has 4mm Vs every 15mm or so :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back