Which nail gun for log cabin roofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm soon to build a log cabin and don't fancy manually nailing on all the roof boards - by my estimate it is about 500 nails! I would be nailing 18mm pine/spruce roofing boards into large pine/spruce purlins.

Would something like this Roybi 16g nailer be "man enough" for the job, or are the nails not strong enough? https://uk.ryobitools.eu/power-tools/nailers-and-staplers/nailers/r18n16g/r18n16g-1/

Any alternative suggestions?

Sponsored Links
i have that very nail gun and unfortunately you need a big head nail to be any good for pull out and they are small head T nails onley

Ideally a first fix nailer using offset full-head nails. A 15ga nailer might do the job at a pinch, but 15ga nails have far less pull-out resistance than 1st fix nails and I for one wouldn't trust them anywhere other than a very sheltered spot

Sponsored Links
Thanks Andy - I'll keep my eye out for a used version. Expensive for one job but hopefully I could recoup my money selling it on.

Would think nailer is more likely to split timber and if it does nail will be fully home and difficult to remove?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back