Which of these tape measures is better?

Ah, is that because it's Imperial measure in an increasingly metric world?

I'm still trying to figure out what breed has a cock as small as 12 inches. Bantam?

In answer to the question about length -if all you do is measure doors and small pieces then a 3m tape will do everything you need (although for preference I use a 5m tape). As soon as you start to do bigger stuff, like rooding, installing joists, floors, stairs, etc then an 8m is more useful. I've rarely needed a 10m tape
16070793008586756608952109491511.jpg

Not too chunky. I wont bother with 5m one. Just use this on smaller jobs

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Whichever's the cheapest as mine always get knicked, so I bought 50 tape measures for £25 from someone who had some stock left over from a shop he had.

Sponsored Links
Whichever's the cheapest as mine always get knicked, so I bought 50 tape measures for £25 from someone who had some stock left over from a shop he had.
Site worker?

Only use my cheap one when scumbags are about then

Only use my cheap one when scumbags are about then
No, its usually my dad or mate that picks them up in the garage we use as a workshop, they're both joiners but we restore classic cars, scooters etc as well in there, so they take them out the metalworking tool draw I have but don't put them back. I sometimes do a little bit of work with my mate and he picks them up on site but he loses everything. The one(s) I use for surveys is usually in the car(s), but I sometimes have a few on the road and have a habit of selling, swapping cars on a regular basis or laying them up in the lockup and leave them in the car(s). So I bought a joblot and scatter them around!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back