Power lock tape measure and brick cutting blade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20220104_180445.jpg
20211213_174230.jpg

Is this top measuring tape measure good? I struggled between joists and windows etc. Adding eighth of an inch on the bend, I always got it wrong.

Heard good things about brick cutting blade for reciprocating saw, anyone used it?

Ggghbhhg
20211213_174218.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Had a Hultafors Talmeter for a few years now for doing window boards, etc.
Hultafors Talmeter.png

The extending prong means you can take internal measures very easily whilst the scale on the back of the 2 and 3 metre tapes can be wrapped round pipework to give you a direct measurement of diameter - handy for doing accurate cut-outs for pipe boxing, in floor boards, in plasterboards and ceiling tiles, etc. There are some other handy little tricks these tapes have (see the video below)

Mine is always used specifically for those tasks and not used as a general tape, for which I use a FatMax. Nice thing about Hultafors is that they sell a repair kit for the extending prong, so the tape is maintainable to an extent

Those "brick blades" aren't brick blades - they are designed for Poroton (hollow lightweight, Spanish) bricks as shown on the back od the package, although I found that they will deal with some lightweight hollow blockwork as well. They are no good for the denser type of brickwork and concrete blockwork we generally see in the UK. That's why it tells you that on the back of the packet:

Bosch Recip TCT Blade.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a Hultafors Talmeter for a few years now for doing window boards, etc.
View attachment 256269
The extending prong means you can take internal measures very easily whilst the scale on the back of the 2 and 3 metre tapes can be wrapped round pipework to give you a direct measurement of diameter - handy for doing accurate cut-outs for pipe boxing, in floor boards, in plasterboards and ceiling tiles, etc. There are some other handy little tricks these tapes have (see the video below)

Mine is always used specifically for those tasks and not used as a general tape, for which I use a FatMax. Nice thing about Hultafors is that they sell a repair kit for the extending prong, so the tape is maintainable to an extent

Those "brick blades" aren't brick blades - they are designed for Poroton (hollow lightweight, Spanish) bricks as shown on the back od the package, although I found that they will deal with some lightweight hollow blockwork as well. They are no good for the denser type of brickwork and concrete blockwork we generally see in the UK. That's why it tells you that on the back of the packet:

View attachment 256272

Might order the 3m one and if better than Stanley Powerlock, take that back to Screwfix

Might order the 3m one and if better than Stanley Powerlock, take that back to Screwfix
It's not better, but it is different and more capable. I still wouldn't use one as my primary tape because doing so would wear it out quickly (I weat out tapes regularly, e.g. 9 to 12 months for a FatMax before they start sticking, become kinked or unreadable or sieze - and they are the the most durable I've found to date). Rather I'd keep it to one side in addition to a general tape to deal with stuff like internal measurement, diameter measurements, etc

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back