Which order should kitchen sink/cooker/washing machine go?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Only got a small space for sink, washing machine and cooker to go into, and the boiler is at the far right which means the cooker can't go there. Which order would you recommend? Sink has to go far left, then its currently washing machine, cooker, drawers - but does that leave hobs too near boiler?

Alternatively sink, cooker, washing machine, drawers, but would it be odd having cooker right next to sink?

Hope that makes sense!

PXL_20230529_105237904.jpg

Sponsored Links
washing machine close to door, sink next with drainer over washing machine, work top, then cooker

Move the boiler controls to the return wall, move the cooker switch to under the boiler, then you have room for a bank of cupboards and an integrated extractor and a double outlet in the in the middle of the the worktop between the cooker and the sink...300mm is all that is needed from sink edge.

The most efficient "work triangle" for cooking has the sink, fridge and cooker at the three points of a triangle, as close as possible to each other, but as stated above you don't want the sink right next to the hob. That said I once lived in a flat where the hob was right next to the stainless steel drainer - so not quite hob against sink. That hob had a fold down top when meant when the hob wasn't in use the glass top could be folded down and used as a work surface. Simarly, if I could be bothered to put away the dishes off the drainer (well I was single back then), that, too, became a work surface and a sort of pan trivet

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back