Which parts and how to fit - Mixer Shower elbows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

In the course of updating a bathroom we decided to change the outlet elbow to something a little more modern.

Firsly we removed the old plastic outlet and then found that where it screwed into (what is the correct name for this bit?) is to short for the new part to screw into.

We have now removed a tile and got decent access to the old elbow that was attached the copper pipe and have also removed it so we are just left with the pipe work to attach a new 'elbow' to.

I would now like to go to a plumbers merchants and ask for the correct parts, i.e the parts that are concealed.

Would anyone be able to tell me what I need and also how I can ensure that I get a leak free connection onto the bottom of my feeder pipe?

Cheers

Lisa

Sponsored Links
If anyone answers this, could they also use their crystal ball to give me the numbers for this weeks lottery, preferably Saturdays.

Can you put pics on or explain it a bit better as I too am struggling to understand what exactly you are trying to do :confused:

ok sorry, I was worried that I wasn't clear!

OK, we have a pipe coming down vertically that feeds the water to the outlet - i.e. where the hose attaches to.

However the 90° elbow has been removed and I need to replace with a new part. Should I go for a Push Fit part or a compression elbow?

Sponsored Links
What exactly is this pipe feeding? :confused: Is it a tap?

As for fitting, I would use a compression elbow as it will look better.

Need more details to advise you better :LOL:

its feeding the outlet for an Aqualisa Classic Aquavalve 200 shower - fairly old.

Its also concealed so once its fitted I need to make good the plaster and tile over/around.

617w_22x3-4.jpg

something like this :?: :?: :?:

yes that looks like it, is this better than a push fit elbow?

space is restricted to get a wrench into the wall space so I am limited in how I tighten this up.

that looks perfect, do you supply also?

I assume then that once this is attached to the feeder pipe, the outlet itself just screws into this and then job done, well other than cutting the tile to fit :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back