Which Plate compactor for type 1?

Sponsored Links
good vibrating plates are expensive. at least 700 quid plus for an mbw belle wacker etc.

Cheaper ones are sometimes a pig to use but also can sometimes have poor compaction force. As long as its decent weight and your not expecting it to last for ever it should do ok.

With a lighter plate if you can compact in layers of 50 or 75mm rather than trying 150mm at a time it will be more effective.

Hey. I'm not too fussed if it makes the job longer (as I will have to keep going over it!), as I only have a couple of garden jobs for it. Are you saying it will probably be ok for light use, I.e 50mm at a time then?

yea should be fine. it probably won't last for 10 years and may be hard to get spares for but it should more than cover your needs for a year or two hopefully.

Sponsored Links
hold off buying that pile of pony you do get good used plates come up on ebay for £200/£300 honda engines are good for parts even the smaller one like trench pltes are fine for base work for drives/gardens as your only putting down 150mm/200mm at the most.
that should be layed in two passes and finis level needs about 10 passes..

even good for the screed layers and final compaction on blocks pavers.
anything over the size of a small// medium plate will mess you up trying to load and unload it for the job moving it about. And will smash pavers to bits if your using 50mm bretts

That supplier is near me and I've bought a few 'throw-away' items from them before. Most of their stuff is cheap Chinese imported stuff - container at a time. Nice people but it is what it is.

I'd say you'd get more life out of a well used ex-hire branded whacker than you would out of this. If you need any parts then forget it, plus things I've had from them before have been non-European standards which causes loads of headaches when something that you'd think would be simple to sort out goes wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back