Which programmer/thermostat do you recommend?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Folks,

I will shortly be embarking on a full replacement of DHW/DCH system replacing an inadequate combi with a system boiler and unvented cylinder (all of which will be located in integral garage)

I am looking for inspiration for the controls (which will be located in the house) and want something that does all of the following:-
  1. Acts as thermostat for DCH
  2. Programme timer for both DCH & DHW (7 days, multi on/off per day, with DHW/DCH being programmed independently of each other plus some sort of boost/advance function)
Was really interested in the 'Nest' system until I realised it would only control DCH!

What controls would you good people recommend? PS - if they look cool/modern thats a bonus :cool:

Sponsored Links
Do you want WiFi control or is that not something you're bothered about?

Hi Andrew,

Open to all options at present, not overly fussed about WiFi as stat will likely end up on wall in hallway, but certainly wouldnt rule it out.

Cheers
Mike

Sponsored Links
Just had a nosey - I had (foolishly) assumed that Hive would be the same setup as Nest, but it does indeed tick all the boxes!

Its nice and shiny too! I think I shall do some further reading...

Although - there is the niggling fact that its a British Gas product and I've had a long-standing hatred of all things BG! Ha!

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back