Which Silicone To Diffuse LED Strip Light Best?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Weird question. I'm going to route out a channel in the underside of a shelf and hot glue an LED strip light into it. I then want to run silicone in the channel to fill it completely to the top but it has to be silicone that is not totally clear, but not white either (shelf is pine brown), so that the LEDs get diffused and look like one light beam (think AUDI DRLs), anyone know the best type?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
The LED strip light used behind the wall cabniets in our works kitchen looks like a continuous light rather than broken. Or do you mean you will be able to see the actual strip light? If so won't it look a bit crap with a bead of silicone in front of it?

The LED strip light used behind the wall cabniets in our works kitchen looks like a continuous light rather than broken. Or do you mean you will be able to see the actual strip light? If so won't it look a bit crap with a bead of silicone in front of it?
Why would it look crap? Silicone is pretty uniform looking, at least the ones I've used around skirting etc...

Sponsored Links
Weird question. I'm going to route out a channel in the underside of a shelf and hot glue an LED strip light into it. I then want to run silicone in the channel to fill it completely to the top but it has to be silicone that is not totally clear, but not white either (shelf is pine brown), so that the LEDs get diffused and look like one light beam (think AUDI DRLs), anyone know the best type?

Cheers.
You would fit in a led channel with diffuser cover .
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Produc...MIoITsm4PO7gIVIe_tCh3d2w39EAQYASABEgJz2vD_BwE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back