Which size of salamander shower pump do i need

BTW, I also wonder at the amount of expensively heated water that gets left in these pipes to go cold.

Sponsored Links
I understand that 22mm would be preferable. But there isn't room for it --

No problem for me, it’s your shower after all ;) . All I’m advising is that your assumption that local restrictions (to 15mm or less) are the same as reducing the whole pipe run to 15mm & it definitely isn’t. You may be OK on very short runs but it rather depends on what performance your expecting from the shower & the pipe run itself.

Aaaah! Then I could have run 22mm up to the small gap, then had a short stretch of 15mm through the gap, into more 22mm beyond the gap. That way I would have solved the problem of getting through the gap and got better flow. Is that what you are saying?

If I am happy with the pressure I get at the shower head, is that OK, job done? Or will the pump be straining to push water through a 15mm pipe and present problems sooner than with 22mm pipework?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back