Which spray gun?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking to paint the outside of a house with smooth masonry paint. I have been told by some that I must use an airless sprayer is this correct and can anyone recommend a good spray gun system for this job? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi,

My first post but I've been reading the forum for over a year.

About a year ago I did research on spray guns because I wanted to paint the outside of our pebbledashed house. The only sprayer I could find that seemed to offer what I wanted was an Earlex ASG100 airless sprayer suitable for exterior masonery paint (with optional .8mm spray nozzle). I tried it for the first time yesterday and wished I hadn't. Spluttery, paint everywhere, and runny. I'm now using a long pile roller - hard work but it does the job.

My advice, for what it's worth, avoid spraying and use a roller.

Nabuok

Sponsored Links
The trade guys use airless systems which put the paint under several thousand pounds of pressure in the paint line and requires a tungsten carbide tip system. Having hired a commmercial airless system I can attest to the fact that they work really well (although bounce back can be a bit fierce!) and will easily apply smooth masonry paint - far better than any system with a compressor. But that kind of airless id different from the noisy electric hand held DIY units which drip and dribble horribly (at the wall, that is)........

Scrit

IF YOU USED A PROFESIONAL AIRLESS SPRAY UNIT AVAILABLE FROM ALL GOOD HIRE SHOPS INSTEAD OF THE CHEAP DIY ELECTRIC UNITS YOU CAN BUY FROM B&Q ECT YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS,I USE AN AIRLESS SPRAY UNIT REGULAR TO SPRAY EXTERIOR PEBBLEDASH ON HOUSES ECT,IT CAN CUT A 2 DAY JOB DOWN TO 4 HOURS,BUT BEWARE START WITH YOUR SMALLEST WALL FIRST UNTILL YOU GET THE FEEL FOR THE GUN OTHERWISE YOU COULD END UP IN TROUBLE.

Please see forum rule 6

Hi,

I was just wondering if your keyboard had a broken

images

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back