which strimmer/hedge trimmer petrol multi tool?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to get an articulating long reach hedge trimmer, as i will only need to use this twice a year i want to get one that doubles as a strimmer.
(will be cutting a beech hedge right now but in the future will also include privet and leylandii)

obviously something from Stihl would be great but that will come in near £650

i could get somthing from Ryobi for about £200 but no idea on he quality/durability.

have also priced up a similar setup from Efco for £375 or Shindaiwa for £500

i know nothing about Efco, Echo, Shindaiwa and some of the other makes so can't decide and not really sure how much I need to spend?

Sponsored Links
The Ryobi expand it range will suit you just fine, but go for the larger engine if you can. If you go for the touch start one, the battery has to be charged manually so thats a bit of a waste - they start well anyway.
Stihl and Husqvarna are undoubtedly the best but as you say, you do pay for it.
Echo and Efco are ok too - apart from the spare parts supply situation which is hopeless.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back