Which Tablet is best for me

I see that the Galaxy tab s has a 10.5" screen but it is up with the ipad prices for the same 16gb storage. How reliable are samsung tablets. Is the display good, Do the cameras produce good pictures. are the speakers good and are they stereo. These are obvious questions I would need to ask a sales person but personal experience from someone would be nice.

Sponsored Links
With the Nexus you can buy a OTG cable which will allow you to connect a USB memory stick or card reader to add additional memory or even to backup you camera while travelling.

But, it won't let you transfer files unless you install Nexus Media Importer.
http://tinyurl.com/8kwajr5

With the Nexus you can buy a OTG cable which will allow you to connect a USB memory stick or card reader to add additional memory or even to backup you camera while travelling.

But, it won't let you transfer files unless you install Nexus Media Importer.
http://tinyurl.com/8kwajr5[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The software works well and allows you to watch videos from the memory device.

I see that the Galaxy tab s has a 10.5" screen but it is up with the ipad prices for the same 16gb storage. How reliable are samsung tablets. Is the display good, Do the cameras produce good pictures. are the speakers good and are they stereo. These are obvious questions I would need to ask a sales person but personal experience from someone would be nice.

The Galaxy have a 8.4" version. Full specs can be found here:
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/tablets/tab-s/SM-T700NZWABTU

If you are happy with a 7" screen the Nexus 7 2013 is a great buy. It has:
- 1920x1200 display at 323ppi
- stereo speakers
- 16GB (for £169) - expandable with OTG cable
- 5MP camera

Apple Mini specs
- 2048x1536 display at 326ppi
- stereo speakers
- 16GB (for £319)
- 5MP camera

Sponsored Links
You could go to a more independent high street retailer where you can compare tablets of various brands to see which suits you better.

Yes. We went to John Lewis when my first wife was nagging about wanting a tablet for her birthday. She had always gone on at length about Apple products but, having seen the competition and compared them to Apple, along with a firm recommendation of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S by a Lewis's salesman (who I trust to be independent - they don't get handouts from Apple), she changed her mind.

I have just bought one of these, we already have an iPad and iMac, and I got it with my Tesco points doubled up, so it cost me nothing.
it is a brilliant little thing and nearly as fast as an iPad, and the memory is upgradeable with an SD memory card to 48Gb.
I uses the latest android Kit Kat operating system and has 2Gb of Ram, the only downside is the battery only lasts for 5 hours, but it is £200 cheaper than an iPad mini, which magazine think it is great value too.

You are to a certain extent, but no one else has the ability to control the entire supply chain so tightly to produce such a high quality product. But yes, you do pay for this.
Ahh yes this would be the iPad. Components produced by a suicidal, poorly paid Chinese workforce for rock bottom prices (before Apple add their excessive profits on top) Yep ya gets what ya pays for.

Nexus 7 gets my vote too. Using one now. So good got the kids one each for last christmas. Get a screen protector and case straight away then you have very little to worry about. I know they say apple is higher quality But we have had no problems. Also price was 199 now down to 149 if you shop around ( make sure you buy version 2 when searching. If the worst happened to my device I would simply buy another one for 149. It would be easy to set up with my gmail. It would know what apps to install. There is very little content that I would lose from this actual device.

You can add external memory to most pads , have a galaxy 3 , hardly use it as the screen is so unresponsive, some of the cheaper pads have poor power connections leading to early failure, ipads are ok , but apple like you to pay for everything. They all smash if you drop them so consider a gorilla case or similar to protect.

Sponsored Links
Back