Which taps to repressurise boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler has dropped below 1 bar, and the pilot light is going out when it hits a certain temperature.

I know I can repressurise the boiler. But I don't know which taps to use.

Please can you help?

Here is a photo of all six of my Ariston ecombi boiler taps. The hot and cold are even colour-coded with tape.

Which taps do I want to be flipping and for how long? (ie. up to 1.5 bar?)

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6040.JPG
    IMG_6040.JPG
    751.2 KB · Views: 6,592
Sponsored Links
The angle of the picture is awkward, but it looks like number 2 with the red tape on. You will know if you have turned the right one as you will hear water pushing through and the pressure going up. It takes very little time depending on your water pressure if you are just topping up boiler pressure 3 -10 seconds, if you have emptied the system completely by draining the rads down it will take much longer. If you put to much pressure in just bleed a rad off until it drops.

It might be number 1, I can't see where that flexible filling loop is going to, but like I say if nothing happens put the tap back to where it was and try the other.

Sponsored Links
My boiler has dropped below 1 bar, and the pilot light is going out when it hits a certain temperature.

I know I can repressurise the boiler. But I don't know which taps to use.

Please can you help?

Here is a photo of all six of my Ariston ecombi boiler taps. The hot and cold are even colour-coded with tape.

Which taps do I want to be flipping and for how long? (ie. up to 1.5 bar?)

Thanks.

2+5 as stated above, have you had the boiler serviced recently?? It should be serviced every year by a Gas Safe Registered engineer.

A loss in pressure can mean many things, so if it's doing it regularly, it needs checked.

2+5 as stated above, have you had the boiler serviced recently?? It should be serviced every year by a Gas Safe Registered engineer.

A loss in pressure can mean many things, so if it's doing it regularly, it needs checked.

So, hot and cold?
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

There is a slight leak from the shower tray in to the kitchen ceiling, but I am presuming from an exit, rather than off a hot water pipe. We'll see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back