Viessmann Repressurise Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm looking for some help on how to repressurise my Viessmann Vitodens 100 boiler. I just bled a towel rail in an ensuite bathroom which was full of air and then thought I would likely need to top up the pressure but when I went to do it I couldnt figure it out as there are no obvious taps to top it up. Below is a link to a photo... if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful as I'm going to get a load of grief from the wife if the boiler stops working!!

Thanks in advance,
Dean[/img]

Sponsored Links
There should be a black valve at either end of the braided hose in the bottom left of the picture. Open both valves (so the black handle is inline with the pipe) and close both once pressurised. That hose is your filling loop.

Actually it looks like the black handles that open and close the valves have been removed. You'll have to use a small spanner. Open one then the other. Don't open fully as may over pressurise if you can't close it quickly enough with a spanner. Close both afterwards.

Sponsored Links
Thanks ALC & TCC, you saved me... the pressure was so low it was bound to cut out sooner or later. I just needed the reassurance that it was the hose at the bottom left. There are no taps on either end though. I had to use a screwdriver to open up the valve on the left and it started to top up the pressure straight away with no need to open the valve on the right hand side.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Dean

I had to use a screwdriver to open up the valve on the left and it started to top up the pressure straight away with no need to open the valve on the right hand side.
So the valve on the right was open already? If so, the flexible hose is constantly under pressure. This valve should be closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back