which trap???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a nightmare with my pedestal basin. The waste pipe (copper) is about 3cm to the right of my waste from my basin. I've tried to join the two up but the basin leaks, as it sits a funny angle. I cant move the basin right any further as it is against the boxing in for my toilet cistern. The copper pipe itself, is behind some boxing in, which i have had to cut some of it away to gain access to the pipe, of which there is no give, ive tried various peices of trap to give me an extension but cant seem to get the basin square on the wall and maintain a good seal on all the traps. Would a flexi hose be of any advantage and can you cut these down. If so, how do if fit it to the existing trap and pipe. Your help would be greatly received, as im at the final stages of refitting my bathroom and at the end of my tether!!!

Many thanks

Meddy

Sponsored Links
Scrap the copper waste pipe and start again using plastic waste pipe and push fit fittings.

Everything needs to line up properly in order to seal watertight. :D

Hi. thanks for the replies. Ive posted a picture. As you can see in the picture ive connected a reducer to the copper piper which makes it look longer than it actually is. As one of the replies was to scrap the copper waste....I dont think my original explanation was spot on...as you can quite rightly see from the pic...it is impossible to simply scrap the waste, as that is the one that originally came with the house some 40 years ago. If i could attach a flexihose to it, i think that would be a simple solution, just dont know how to go about it and where to get them from. Any ideas???

Meddy

Sponsored Links
Hi. thanks for the replies. Ive posted a picture. As you can see in the picture ive connected a reducer to the copper piper which makes it look longer than it actually is. As one of the replies was to scrap the copper waste....I dont think my original explanation was spot on...as you can quite rightly see from the pic...it is impossible to simply scrap the waste, as that is the one that originally came with the house some 40 years ago. If i could attach a flexihose to it, i think that would be a simple solution, just dont know how to go about it and where to get them from. Any ideas???

Meddy
DSC01495.jpg
[/img]

HI guys thanks for your posts....are the flexihoses of the push fit variety as the two traps (s bend me thinks) are of the screw variety. can i mix and match, which would be easiest.

Cheers

Meddy

yeah got a P trap on the basin as shown in pic....the copper pipe is of smaller diameter though so i take it the flexihose would have to slot into an adaptor??

Meddy

They can take up a fair bit of slack - what is the real measurement of the copper?

A bit for silicone never hurt anyone - just don't drown the thing in it.

about 30 odd mm me thinks....got a reducer on that fits nicely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back