Which TRV's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a new boiler installed in a couple of weeks and was thinking about having new TRV's and lockshield valves fitted at the same time.

Simple question, what TRV's would you recommend? I fancy the Drayton TRV4's, are they really as good as people make out or are there better on the market? What's the benefit of a liquid sensor over a wax sensor (or vice versa)?

In terms of lockshield valves, is there any point getting anything any better than a standard "radiator valve" from B&Q?

Sponsored Links
The Drayton TRV4 is a very good valve and I fitted it in my own home. However IMO the styling is rather dated now and the Danfos RAS-C2 is also very good, but cheaper to buy, and IMO looks more modern.

If you buy cheap lockshields you can expect then to jam or leak or both sooner than if you buy a good brand. The Danfoss lockshield is very neat and small and IMO attractive.

Pegler is another very good brand, but IMO ugly

You can get valves cheaper than in B&Q.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/49331...RAS-C-White-Chrome-TRV-Lockshield-15mm-Angled

i'll only fit trv4's if i'm supplying.
liquid reacts quick to temp change than wax.

Personally I fit Danfoss RAS-D2 or C2(slightly cheaper) but not much between the RAS-D2 and Drayton TRV4 just personal prefference. The C2 is best value for money but not so pretty!

Sponsored Links
i like the eco cal vlaves tend to fit them domestic and light commercial.

find the trv4s start passing after a while.

Fitted literally thousands of Honeywell VT15's, to my knowledge never had 1 go bad.

Replaced lots of faulty trv4's in the process although they've been round for decades so hardly suprising :D

Sam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back