Which type of kitchen sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of updating my kitchen-new worktops, tiles, re-painted doors etc. I want a 1.5 bowl sink and was going to go for a Franke stainless steel like I had previously.

I do like, however, the composite/granite type & think the look is modern with the promised 'indestructibility'

Does anyone have any experience or views on this type of sink? Or should I stay with my gut instinct that you can't beat a Franke stainless steel?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Heather

Sponsored Links
the reconstituted stone ones do get stained, and are more trouble to look after. they tend to look grimy unless destained frequently. Touching them with aluminium or titanium leaves a persistent mark, tea stains them.

Barkeepers Friend will get the marks off, but stainless is far easier.

Mine has never cracked or chipped, but I know someone who did get a crack.

I have a Franke Fraganite sink - white with matching taps. I like it but agree it does stain but I use some bio washing powder and let sink soak for 10 or 20 minutes, which is what they recommend and it comes up like new, I also use a little powder around the draining area too.
I do like the look of it all.

Sponsored Links
I put in a Franke Mythos fragranite
and I've not had any staining issues or any problems. In fact it almost makes washing pots a pleasure.
It came with the glass chopping board and the drainer.
As an aside
I wouldn't be without the flexible tap now; I never realised how useful it would be. :D [/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back