Composite kitchen sinks - Granite and Quartz?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting a little confused. Some websites are saying there are two types of granite composite sinks. One made from granite and one make from quartz (which I know forms granite). The granite ones are supposed to be better than quartz in the respect to being stronger and do not stain or discolour.

Most of the websites I'm looking at in regards to buying composite sinks state they are granite but when you look at the technical detail they are 80% quartz.

Can someone give me some advice regarding this because when I phoned one of the helplines they said granite and quartz sinks are the same thing.

I'm basically after a hard wearing 1.5 bowl, black granite composite sink that is not going to stain or discolour if my wife spills ammonia or bleech on it.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back