Recomendation for stainless steel sink, please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New kitchen being installed next month so I'm looking for a new 1.5 bowl stainless steel sink. Is Franke the best to go for, what about Reginox or Sauber. It seem that most of the sinks are only 160 deep which doesn't seem very much. Any opinions welcome.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
for what its worth I have an Ikea one.

I got it because at the time it was the only one I could find without pre cut holes for the tap, i.e. two holes to allow it to be installed either way around.

I didn't want to have a blanking cover as I thought it wouldn't look nice and it would be a germ trap. You needed to buy a hole cutter mind but I thought it worth it.

Franke rhymes with banker - one you can trust , the other you can`t ;)

We bought a double Franke S/S sink about ten years ago - fab quality and well worth paying the extra.

Top Tip - get the deepest bowl you can. Makes life so much easier, eg
  • Piling up saucepans to dry
    Washing paintbrushes without splashing on the worktop
    Bathing babies
    Easily filling a bucket
    Hand washing big items or simply more clothes at a time
    Butchering meat without getting blood on worktop or clothes
    Tie-dying
If you don't do any of these now, it's probably only because your sink is too small. Or you don't have a baby to wash, I suppose. :confused:

HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back