Which wall plug for imperial 1/4 inch screw?

Fischer are German and have consistently played their own game for years. Screwfix are still selling them, though (and in doing do making liars out of very joiner in the country....... OK maybe a tad overstated)

Sponsored Links
So, finally got to it. As it appeared I was way overoptimistic of the kind of wall that was. This an internal wall and seems to be some kind of breeze block or similar. Normal plugs didn't work, tried Fischer SX (high performance) plugs, and although it is relatively snug in there and does not rotate when fastening the screw, the whole thing is not strong at all. When screwing in there are some crackling sounds and the thing will not take any weight at all with small stone chips from the block coming off loose. Really frustrating.

I've been thinking of trying something like gripfill with the plug, or may be go for the chemical fixing with the resin. But the hole ended up enlarged of course (10mm or so). I've been also thinking of trying to put in a wooden dowel with some glue, or failing all of that go for some wooden panel attached in several places and screwing into that.
Any further advice?

I obviously want to end up with a fixing where I won't be worrying all the time that the guitar will fall down and break.

If it don't work , I'll come round with my violin.
violin-1260.gif

Sponsored Links
Is that so you can play a guitar-violin duet, or is it just that you're all heart woody?

Cheers, guys. I will try these.

I hope violin is not there to play a funeral march to my guitar:)

Is that so you can play a guitar-violin duet, or is it just that you're all heart woody?
Both! (y) Maybe :cautious:

In fact, I'll bring my sax and the OP could sing the blues (instead of jamming on the guitar)o_O

I'm confident it will be fine though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back