Which wall to start my laminate flooring from?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm about to start laying some laminate in a bathroom (aqualoc) but I'm not sure from which wall to start.

The room is quite long and narrow (5m x 2.5) and the boards are quite long and narrow. Assuming I start in the corner furthest from the door should I use the back (short) wall as the first row laying the boards with their long edge against the wall or come off the long wall laying the long edge against that?

The room has a gap all round between floor and wall of around 12mm high and enough depth for the expansion gap so I was thinking starting off the back wall would help make use of this gap a bit easier as I can slide the boards in.

Sponsored Links
im no laminate expert but i was told to always run the boards perpendicular to the window,assuming 1 window in the room.

Cheers, went down that road in the end anyway. Only working with two boards in a row and a bit easier to slide into the gap on the longest wall so hopefully neater.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back