which water heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm looking for some advice.
I live in a one bedroom flat with my wife. We have no kids.
I am looking to change my current water heater.
I have a 30 litre tank electric heater at the moment but it costs a lot to run.
What I would like is an instant heat electric water heater.
I have a bath and a shower and 2 sinks.
Just to give some background, I live in Mallorca, Spain. We don't have natural gas pipes here so it has to be electric and I don't have central heating.
I want to be able to run a bath easily and also have enough power for a shower.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you want to be able to run a bath, then an instant heater will not do the job unless you have industrial-sized electric power supply.

You don't say but I will guess you. have a high-pressure water system with no storage tank. In the UK a Megaflo or similar with one or two immersion heaters would be suitable. You will have to find out what is acceptable and usual in your own country. A UK website is not the best place to ask.

Hi,
I have a storage tank type meter now but this is not what I want.
I had an instant heat one back in the 80's but I'm guessing they have come on a lot since!
I ran baths fine with that one back then, it also ran the central heating too.
I was guessing it would have to be quite a powerful unit.
I wanted advice on size, power ratings, makes etc
I really want to do away with a water storage tank.

Sponsored Links
A typical UK gas combi boiler has a power output of 30kW to 35kW. This is enough to heat a good shower and fill a bath rather slowly.

If you want an instant water heater to deliver that amount of hot water, it will need the same power. That would need about a 150 Amp power supply. It cannot be done in an ordinary UK house and I will be amazed if it can be done in your flat.

For reference, a typical UK instant electric shower has an output in the region of 10kW. It provides a weak shower and you would grow old waiting for it to fill a bath.

You need a hot water storage system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back