How do I install a shower to a megaflo

Firstly you cannot work on an unvented cylinder even if you own it unless you are qualified. If you make a mistake you can potentially make a bomb.

An unvented cylinder such as a megaflo is ideal for a conventional thermostatic mixer shower. Only problem is you will need a 'balanced supply' for the cold water for your shower to work properly. This must be taken from just after the inlet combination valve and before the expansion valve core unit.

Balanced supply instructions are in the manual or you could have a look at the website HERE

Sponsored Links
This is wandering off a bit isn't it?!
original Q:

I have mixer taps on the bath with a shower head and the water is heated by a megaflo immersion heater.
Would it be possible to install a power shower and would this be expensive or difficult to do?
No but why would you want to? You should have reasonable pressure already, so all you need is a mixer??

Chris is right and if the chap who installed the megaflo done it proper then the hot and cold supplies will be balanced

Job Done.

If they didn't take the balanced cold off the regulator (as usual) it doesn't make much difference unless there's huge mains pressure. An if there woz, this fellah wouldn't be complaining about his shower, methinks :confused:

Sponsored Links
The mixer taps are ok but the pressure isn`t great so after around 10 or so minutes the pin in the middle drops and the shower bit only works if you hold the pin up which is abit difficult if you are trying to have a shower. Any suggestions?

Take the filter/strainer out of the pressure reducing valve and clean. Could just be blocked/scaled up

I know this is gonna sound dumb but how do I do that?
you go to to an engineer with the relevent qualification and who is registered to work on unvented systems.
you wont know what your doing, unvented systems are potential bombs, thats why the regs exist.
why i had to go and do it i will never know :confused:
but i did learn what a thermal releif valve did :eek:
and got to watch a very old american film about blowing one up ;)

I know this is gonna sound dumb but how do I do that?
you go to to an engineer with the relevent qualification and who is registered to work on unvented systems.
you wont know what your doing, unvented systems are potential bombs, thats why the regs exist.
why i had to go and do it i will never know :confused:
but i did learn what a thermal releif valve did :eek:
and got to watch a very old american film about blowing one up ;)

It didn't blow-up it was launched.

look closely at the film and the cylinder is intact including the base.

[/quote]

look closely at the film and the cylinder is intact including the base.[/quote]

I think i was falling asleep at that stage :oops:

look closely at the film and the cylinder is intact including the base.[/quote]

I think i was falling asleep at that stage :oops:[/quote]

Yes the course is a an example of how to extract money from the mugs pockets

:[/quote]

Yes the course is a an example of how to extract money from the mugs pockets[/quote]

ooh is it ever and who the hell impliments it.

but seriously they are dangerous, and that cannot be over enphasised :!:

Yes the course is a an example of how to extract money from the mugs pockets[/quote]

ooh is it ever and who the hell impliments it.

but seriously they are dangerous, and that cannot be over enphasised :!:[/quote]

Went to one on boxing day that was blowing :LOL: Immersion heater packed up, never cut-out on the limit stat though :eek: Em must remember to put that in the report

Slugbabydotcom";p="781451 said:
Firstly you cannot work on an unvented cylinder even if you own it unless you are qualified. If you make a mistake you can potentially make a bomb.

does connecting a shower mixer to an unvented hot water supply really require an unvented ticket ! where does the unvented cylinder finish and the hws pipework begin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back