Megaflo output pipe size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, me again

Currently my megaflo 22 mm output goes a roundabout route to my bathroom and is around 12mtrs in length.

Once it gets to the bathroom, it goes down to 15mm and feeds a basin about 1mtr away and a shower about 2 1/2 mtr away (making shower nearly 15mtrs away from megaflo).

I want to take the pipe in a much more direct route which if I T from near the megaflo, will only be about 7 to 8mtrs to the shower mixer.

The megaflo instructions say ideally the output should be in 22mm with short runs in 15mm to taps/showers.

The question is, how long is a short run? If it's possible (as I already have the pipe and fittings) I would like to do the whole 7 to 8mtrs run in 15mm.

It's going into a triton mixer.

Currently, if I turn on a hot tap in the sink or bath (bath being replaced with shower enclosure) the pressure is very high, just like the cold, where if I open the tap too far, it comes out with such force, it goes everywhere.

That being the case, and me no longer having a bath to fill, do you think I could do the whole run in 15mm or would it be better for me to buy a couple of lengths of 22mm and do the first 4 or 5mtr in that?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
tee off in 15mm near to the megaflow and then use the shortest route to the shower.

This will dramatically reduce wasted water

There would be no point using 22mm, and as snb ~ says it will reduce the amount of water in the pipe which is cold so causes a delay .
It's only really large diameter shower heads which need huge flows.

Sponsored Links
Below your bath and sink taps you may have some tails with valves in them. If so you can reduce you flow by turning these slightly with a screwdriver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back