How do I install a shower to a megaflo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a 1 bedroom flat and it is all electric.
I have mixer taps on the bath with a shower head and the water is heated by a megaflo immersion heater.
Would it be possible to install a power shower and would this be expensive or difficult to do?

Sponsored Links
NO. You cannot have a power shower of any sort running off a megaflo.

You could fit a break tank and pump into the Megaflow unvented cylinder if the mains is low

Sponsored Links
Around £1500 depending whats involved.

What is the mains pressure reading

Without sounding like a total novice, how would I find out this?

You will need to beg or buy a pressure gauge, B&Q flog them I understand for a few quid

The front of the megaflo reads max mains pressure 16 bar, operating pressure 3 bar. Does that make any sense?

I just thought it might be a cheaper if i bought a ordinary shower for say £60 and just paid someone to install it, as I say I haven`t got a clue what is involved etc when it comes to putting a shower in but didn`t expect it to be as expensive as £1500 to install.

If you have a megaflow you can connect the shower to the hot pipe and the cold to the mains.

perhaps a pic of the cylinder is in order.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back