Which way to go????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have an old (1985) Ideal Standard gas boiler serving a cylinder on the first floor and tank on second floor. I have a bathroom on the first and second floors.
I am keen to make room for a bigger bathroom on the first floor by removing the cylinder/airing cupboard. I also want to add a new ensuite on the first floo.
If I were to change the boiler to a combi gas boiler with no tanks or cylinders, is there likely to be enough pressure for the first and second floors? What are my options? I am trying to avoid having to install noisy pumps.
Your thoughts would be hugely appreciated

Sponsored Links
There should be enough pressure but you will only be able to use one bathroom or hot outlet at a time with a combi as they only give 9-14 litres per minute raised bu 35°.

An unvented cylinder is the solution if you have enough mains dynamic flow. You also need adequate flow for a combi too.

Cylinders are better with more than one bathroom.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back