Which wet vac / aquavac?

Sponsored Links
I purchased a cheap Earlex one, about £30.00. It has served me well over the years. Even used it to clean the sludge from the pond a couple of times.

Wickes sell them rebadged as Wickes wet/dry cleaners.

Had one of those for several years. If you use it wet, once the filter is wet it'll spray water from the air outlet, so I only use it without a filter.
Not much good dry, even with the "universal" filter it lets a lot of dust past.

I don't know of any dry vac which can cope with red brick dust, though I imagine there must be something which works. Henry's are blocked in half a minute or so, Dysons' filters in half a second or so...
Black boiler soot is difficult too - it either blocks filters or goes straight through.
Called the Dyson helpline once, got referred up a couple of times when they heard I was finding their products to be useless. Eventually got to someone who knew they were useless.

Had an original Aquvac with the tin oil drum thing, incredibly noisy but quite cheap. Hose and attachments poor quality, but you can get universal replacements in street markets now. Eventually the tin bucket went rusty. Now got the later one with a plastic drum, quieter, and even includes a carpet shampooing attachment.

For dusty builders rubble, you can get a sort of paper sack that folds into the drum round the cardboard filter, it catches the dust and makes the work very clean until you fire a sharp bit of brick at it and puncture the bag. Now i know the symptoms I'll stop work and replace the bag if it happens again.

ChrisR is right about the spray, I didn't know the remove filter trick.

Sponsored Links
We once bought a DeWalt vac, burned through after a year (obvious after the warrantee was gone).
Now always buy a cheap one from Lidl (big yellow beast) for about £30.00, last one already in heavy service for 2.5 years !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back