WHICH WIRE DO I SNIP?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now that i have your attention you bomb squad wannabees :D

my house has an overhead supply
I want to run electric into the garage and dont want to come through the house (there doesnt seem to be any room for another MCB).

Is it a possibility or is my brother talking out of his arse....to spur off the main overhead feed to supply the garage???

if so any ideas on who i phone for isolation, cost, legalitys etc

Sponsored Links
I should leave it.

Useful info on how not to kill yourself.

Not everyone will realise how dangerous it is to mess with the incoming service.

Sponsored Links
:oops:

alright fellas so it was a stupid idea

when your not in the know , you dont know until you ask ....right!

andyboyo said:
I want to run electric into the garage and dont want to come through the house
So why not go back out of the house from the vicinity of the service head, and then to the garage

[code:1]Is it a possibility or is my brother talking out of his a**e....to spur off the main overhead feed to supply the garage???[/code:1]
Yes, it's possible, but it's not even a job for a proper electrician, let alone DIY..

if so any ideas on who i phone for isolation, cost, legalitys etc
Your DNO.

As a stab in the dark, expect the cost to be anything from several hundred to quite a few thousand, depending on distance.

And you'll end up paying 2 standing charges.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back