Which wireless alarm should I purchase?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a cat so don't want PIRs but I intend just to fit several door/window contacts, a bell box and a control panel. Something simple that makes a noise on site is all because my neighbours are good and would respond, plus I'm likely to be in if it's night time anyway.

What would you recommend I purchase?

Sponsored Links
Most wireless systems come with movement sensors and a door contact.
As you do not want the movement sensors and you want door contacts or shock sensors,you will better off purchasing the items separately .
Map security sell the items separate.
I would use a pyronix enforcer control panel 32we GB
Enforcer wireless external bell box
Option for door contact ,with or without shock sensor.
Use door contacts on doors and shock sensors on windows.
Hope this helps you
You could phone Map and ask if they will do you a kit with door contacts and shock sensors using pyronix enforcer wireless equipment.

Ta. Pyronix looks good as a kit but it's expensive to pick and choose components. I'm sure it's a case of getting what you pay for but I need about 5 or 6 door/window contacts and they're over £40 a piece. Plus I don't want the PIRs so I'm hesitant to get this system.

MAP do a pet friendly Response system with no PIRs for £120. I'm guessing at the moment that there's a particularly good reason why Response alarms are considerably, like way cheaper than Pyronix :cautious:

Stay clear!!!!!
Waste of money you will have nothing but trouble with that.
You need to think long term.The money you spent on cheap equipment will in the long term cost you more.If you can afford the pyronix kit it will work for you and save you money.

Sponsored Links
She must sleep about 95% of the time anyway although some cats tend to be active more at night. I think I just found it hard to believe a PIR actually would be okay around animals. Having to buy so many extra contacts on top of a £200 or so kit isn't particularly appealing so I'll try a kit. Looks like Pyronix, Visonic or something like what's in the link posted above.

Stay well away from Response....

You'll not go wrong with visonic or pyronix...both great and the most commonly fitted domestic alarm. Scantronic and Texecom are over complicated for a normal domestic set up!

Good to see you went with Pyronix..that's a wise move.......let us know how you get on!!

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Scantronic and Texecom are over complicated for a normal domestic set up!

I have the system basically functioning although there's some tweaking to do yet. I've left the outside siren alone until it's right in case I start getting false alarms in the short term. I've only fitted a handful of wired systems over the years and found the booklets complicated for this system. I can't imagine what I'd have been thinking when looking through the blurb for those other systems. I think these instructions are written more for an alarm engineer than for a DIY installer but perhaps I'm just becoming a technophobe. Reliability is the main issue so I'm not displeased with the purchase.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back