whirlpool ADG 7560 854275515879 dishwasher

Heat up the solder joint at one end of the reed switch to soften the solder then lever the leadwire out of the solder using a small screwdriver. Do the same for the other end to remove the old reed switch. Ideally you should then remove all the old solder using de-solder braid or a solder sucker and then solder in the new switch with fresh solder. However you will probably get away with holding the switch in position and reheating the existing solder to remake the joints. You could use sticky tape to temporarily hold the switch in position while applying the soldering iron. You can use a small screwdriver to push the leadwire into the solder as the solder softens.

Sponsored Links
Thanks IKM
I'll give it ago once I've picked up the new reed switch. Will let you know how it goes.
Cheers for the prompt response.
TD

Beeping sound on my whirlpool dishwasher .... I took the left hand side off the machine (as you look at the washer from the front ) as per the photograph in above previous post . Took the small circuit board out by using small screw driver to carefully unwedge it from the plastic retainer clip , took the small cable socket off the board then unsoldred the reed switch and soldered a new one on. You cannot tell by just looking at the old reed switch whether it is faulty or not and at two quid from Tandy its worth a punt. Thanks to the chap who posted the pictures and helpful info you have saved me time, money and a week without my wife telling me to get it fixed!

Sponsored Links
Hi. Can anybody help. I changed the Reed switch and still getting the 7 flashes. Is it likely to be the flow meter or the pcb that needs changing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back