Whirlpool Bath Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Despite having no instructions I have installed (plumbed) in a new 8 jet whrilpool bath and have an existing (not in use) isolator switch in the airing cupboard. This was previously used for an electric shower. I plan to use this to wire in the electric pump for the bath (1HP) but reckon I will need to downgrade the circuit breaker. Can anyone advise?

Sponsored Links
check the pump for current rating, it will be on it somewhere..

then go to the nearest size breaker above it.. or the next one if it is too close ( ie 15.2 amps, nearest size is 16 but fit a 20.. )

also, for safety I would make sure it was rcd protected ( either off the rcd side of a split load board, or with a RCBO )

You should also change the DP switch for an FCU, if it needs fusing down further.

Sponsored Links
I fitted one for my parents a few years ago. It was only a very small pump and had to install a switch fused spur and fuse it down to 5amp. And as the others said its a good idea to fit an RCD.
The best and most simple idea is use an RCD fused spur then its all in one and you won't have to mess around at the fuse box. I think they're about £30 but well worth it for the less hassle.
Another thing is make sure you install it outside of the bathroom otherwise you will be getting involved in different zones!
Hope this helps!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back