Whirlpool g2pdwi/1wh Integrated Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whirlpool g2pdwi/1wh....The dishwasher is not getting hot, I've ordered a new heating element but don't know how to get to it and don't want to butcher the machine looking for it... I'm told it's in the bottom of the appliance but don't know whether to remove the external base plate or whether it is accessed via the inside. Help!!

Sponsored Links
it is in the base
make sure appliance is unplugged & unplumbed
remove the base plate and there she will be , next to the motor via a rubber flexi pipe
is a reasonably simple job
will have an earth wire and a 2 pin connector
the rubbers at each end will either squeeze off or have clamps that need a screw driver
fitting is reversal of removal

Thanks very much...got it off and replaced the element without too much skin loss (those edges are like razors) I'm now faced with a different problem. The machine has stood idle for in excess of a year. When it was last on it was simply the lack of hot water but now there is no water getting in at all. I've double checked that i reconnected the supply correctly. What I have seen whilst in the base was where the water inlet feeds in to a large plastic reservoir type object that the portion on the right looks rather brown. I'm wondering if this has got some crap of sorts in it which may have solidified?? I've had my kisser around the main water inlet trying to blow in to see if its blocked and I think I nearly burst my eardrums. Couldn't blow in. Any offers??

Sponsored Links
I've replaced the solenoid valve today. It's still not getting any water in. When I took the old one off I blew down the pipe which appeared to be free flowing and as such I don't think the pipe is blocked. ANy other ideas??

Matrix is blocked with crud same as a bosch just needs cleaning out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back