whirlpoool dishwasher g2p dwi question for sleepyhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok followed another lead, emptied the salt container of water and also the filter/drain. switched on and it started filling with water. :D (thought problem was cured) then the power went off at the fuse box and the water started emptying on the floor. each time i tried to restart the machine the power went off again. :( --your thoughts please

Sponsored Links
It's leaked into the base and it's probably shorting out the wash pump motor.

thanks sleepyhead, it's an integrated machine will i have to take it out, and apart, to dry it out underneath and also is it this that is making it leak underneath and onto the floor

Plate under the door held on by 4 torx, take this off. Be very careful as the edges of the machine are like razor blades.
Gently press down on the centre of the base, it will bend and allow the water to drain. Once drained, lift the base back into normal position.
Use a torch to watch in the base while you try it on a program.
If you see it leaking, you need to fix it. If not leaking, it's sorted.

Sponsored Links
thanks for that i'll get some torq tools tomorrow and give it a go. hopefully that'l cure it i begining to get dishmaids hands :LOL:

hi, after my last post i did what was suggested and the machine started and didn't blow the fuse. the only thing now is that it doesn't fill with water and so quickly jumps to the finish beep. i filled the salt container with water to see if it would suck up the water and start filling but nothing seems to work. i must be getting closer but would love more advice please. thanks

It should be flashing the start light, count the flashes between pauses and post the result here.
To reset the machine, press and hold the start button till the light goes out.
The water in the salt container is only used after the program has finished. It is used to clean out the water softener unit.

thanks sleepyhead 4 flashes between pauses,put it on 40 degrees, pressed the start button til green light went out and it makes a noise like it's filling but when i open the door it's dry. after a while it beeps, the green light flashes and when i open the door it's on the spray setting, still no water

4 flashes is a draining failure.
Check for blockages in the outlet hose.
More likely is the pressure switch is gunged up.
Remove filter and sieve, you'll see a black grid in the bowl, carefully clean this out (don't damage the membrane or you'll need a new pressure switch) then fill the bowl with boiling water to clear any grease etc out of it.
Reset the pcb, select a wash and start the machine again.
It should drain the water out and start flushing through then go onto fill.
If the problem persists it's possible that the pressure switch is faulty.

put boiling water in the filter compartment, put it on again and the water drained. the outlet pipes got warm too so the water is draining ok but it did not go on to fill on the 40 degree cycle. after a while the machine stopped and it continuously beeped and went back to the 4 flash mode. if its the pressure switch where is this located,what does it look like and is it easy to replace. sorry for all the numb nuts questions, hope you don't mind. thanks l

Sleepyhead said:
Remove filter and sieve, you'll see a black grid in the bowl, carefully clean this out (don't damage the membrane or you'll need a new pressure switch) then fill the bowl with boiling water to clear any grease etc out of it.

Pressure switch is the black grid.
It's a twist fit from the outside of the bowl, bit awkward to get past the heater.

i have finally found some time to remove the pressure switch (aweco 2757 01). can't tell if something is wrong with it but following on from previous instructions i just need confirmation that this is the part then i will buy a new one. are these prone to malfunction as i have seen that a few other posts have had the same reply, also i think it might be the date underneath the above number as it reads (06.12.03) thanks

Can't give any guarantee that the pressure switch is faulty I'm afraid.
Remote diagnosis is only best guess based on previous experience.
Error codes are only a guide to enable the engineer to concentrate on the likely area of fault.

thanks for all your help sleepyhead i know that your guess is going to be better than mine. i'll order the part and see if it does the job, if not it's back to the drawing board... or the sink!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back