Whispered announcement for retiring couples

Sponsored Links
no it wasn't, and no it didn't. That is an aspirational amount that some people might get. We don't have a flat-rate pension and not many people get the £144 a week that propaganda such as yours made them think they would get. It was a government ploy to stop people moaning. By the time they find out the truth it's too late.

Anyone who retired prior to changeover still gets paid at the old rate, and will continue to do so until death. So do many who retired after; and many on the new scheme don't get the notional "flat rate" because it varies.

I'd have thought someone like Notch would have heard about all that at his day-centre.

How much do you get, notch?
it is a flat rate pension in comparison to an earnings related pension.

The fact is the graph showing comparisons with other countries is pointless as what counts is comparing tax paid to pension entitlement. A point you are avoiding answering.

As usual JohnD is intent on deflecting the argument because he cant win on the main point.

Sponsored Links
it is a flat rate pension

A flat rate means everybody gets the same amount of it. If every state pensioner got a state pension of £150 or some such figure that would be a flat rate. They don't now and they won't in the future.

The UK does not have a flat rate pension.

How much do you get?

A flat rate means everybody gets the same amount of it. If every state pensioner got a state pension of £150 or some such figure that would be a flat rate. They don't now and they won't in the future.

The UK does not have a flat rate pension.

How much do you get?
Nothing..i am not pensioned off yet..But I have always worked,always had pension,,so will be ok...Fekwits who never worked, send them to workhouse

Back