Whistling Double Glazed Window and draughty porch door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

About 3 years ago we had some new windows installed and also a new porch built by a local company.

We have had nothing but problems with the bedroom window. It has and still is letting in draughts and also whistling like mad. We have had the company come back several times but is it still letting in draughts and whistling. They have said that they have cured it each time they call and it is still a major problem. We had to move out of that bedroom because of the cold and the noise.

We also have a problem with draughts coming through the edges of the porch door that they installed. They have again been back on numerous occasions to "fix" the problem but it seems they have made it worse.

The problem is that we do not trust this installer any longer and wonder if anyone knows what we can do to resolve these matters.

My husband is registered disabled and I am his carer and I just don't know what to do anymore.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The whistling is due to the window not pulling in properly. If you open the window, you'll see locating lugs on the bottom of the frame, that the window locks into. These need adjusting (unscrewing and repositioning) so that the window then closes properly. The other thing to check, is that the seals around the window have no gaps. Run a birthday cake candle around the window to see where the draught is coming from, and find another company to fix the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back