'whistling' front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
notice in strong winds, that our UPVC front door makes 'whistling' and 'woooing' sounds. Quite scarey sounding for my youngsters at night!

Wonder what could be causing it? could the alignment of the door changed? And if so, is it easy to readjust?

I'm no DIY expert, does this need a tradesman to fix?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Do you think it might be a ghost ;)

Seriously, I had similar problems with UPVC windows.

It was all to do with the trim.

The guy who fitted it came back and added some little plastic ramps to the inside of the frame so that when the window was shut it pulled it up nice and snug.

The noise is likely to be caused by a very tiny gap - invisble to the eye. Attempting to adjust it may lead to making the gap bigger/out of alignment?

Hope it helps

when my door whistles i push the handle up which engages all the shoot bolts ect pulling the door tight shut
down side tighter than normal people somtimes think we are out due to being tighter than normal

Sponsored Links
I am having the same problem with my upvc front door.

I have added draught proofing foam but am still getting the most horrendous whistling when it is windy.

Any ideas would be appreciated as it is driving me and the wife crazy (and the dog :) )

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back